What is going on here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is going on here?

What is going on here? I like this guys playing and I guess this set up is working for him and his performance. I understand the original reason for slanting the snare away for trad grip, but this seems silly. WTF? Also, while he's good... I'd much rather listen to Patrick Keeler playing with this band.

Surely a fair portion of that is showbiz. He has to stand up to hit the toms. But I can see how it also helps with not denting heads as easily when he's hitting that hard. It also might just affect how he feels.

Comment

What ever happened to Meg?
      <insert_something_clever_here>

Comment

Her tits exploded. Took out half of Lansing.

Comment

• Skiaz4free
          Skiaz4free commented
          Editing a comment
          She did have some healthy breasts... that bounce on his Italian leather sofa.

He sure has to really want to play that fill .

Comment

I prefer Patrick Keeler.

Comment

More power to him. Contrived? Probably, but it definitely helps him stand out over all of the other sideman drummers out there that are good players as well. The marketing side works.

Comment

• Skiaz4free
              Skiaz4free commented
              Editing a comment
              But is it really a stand out in a good way? Seems oddly uncomfortable, and I wonder if that's his normal setup or was a JW inspired "you need to do something different so that you stand out" move.

He played a setup similar to that before he ever played with Jack White.

Comment

I don't think Jack White is really that inspired by some silly contrived set up or overly impressed by a guy jumping around to play his fills. Hell, Jack White could play his drum parts...

Comment

• dale w miller
                dale w miller commented
                Editing a comment
                Jack White’s kit is just as contrived, but in a different way. Great player though. I hate these multi-talented people. Ha.
            Working...
            X