Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post Photos of Your red DRUM!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    a fishClick image for larger version

Name:	01 fish.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	253.2 KB
ID:	1114

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by Anatomic View Post

      Me? Yeah, I fly fish a little. That big Redfish wasn't a fly... we were surf fishing in Texas with baitfish. There is great trout fishing in my are though. 100's of miles of streams in my 45 mile radius.
      I used to fly fish in Vermont when I was kid. I found it very challenging, but I enjoyed it at the time. I’m not into fishing now for many reasons not to get into here because I would a psychologist afterwards, but I have some good memories.

      Comment


        #18
        Dale , I can’t imagine needing mental help
        after fishing ...

        Do tell !!!

        Comment


          #19
          "Call me Ishmael. Some years ago - never mind how long precisely - having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world. It is a way I have of driving off the spleen and regulating the circulation. Whenever I find myself growing grim about the mouth; whenever it is a damp, drizzly November in my soul; whenever I find myself involuntarily pausing before coffin warehouses, and bringing up the rear of every funeral I meet; and especially whenever my hypos get such an upper hand of me, that it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from deliberately stepping into the street, and methodically knocking people's hats off - then, I account it high time to get to sea as soon as I can. This is my substitute for pistol and ball. With a philosophical flourish Cato throws himself upon his sword; I quietly take to the ship. There is nothing surprising in this. If they but knew it, almost all men in their degree, some time or other, cherish very nearly the same feelings towards the ocean with me."

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by Houndog View Post
            Dale , I can’t imagine needing mental help
            after fishing ...

            Do tell !!!
            Long story short, it was my stepfather’s thing. And he was asshole that all but ruined my childhood.

            Long story sort of long, it’s all he ever wanted to do. So every vacation was us fishing all day and my mom putting up with it following us around. One vacation after fishing every day in Vermont for hours upon hours a day for a week while never catching one fish, I vowed never to fish again. It wasn’t long after that he kicked me out of the house.

            Comment


              #21
              I can imagine it now. Fuck ....

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by dale w miller View Post

                Long story short, it was my stepfather’s thing. And he was asshole that all but ruined my childhood.

                Long story sort of long, it’s all he ever wanted to do. So every vacation was us fishing all day and my mom putting up with it following us around. One vacation after fishing every day in Vermont for hours upon hours a day for a week while never catching one fish, I vowed never to fish again. It wasn’t long after that he kicked me out of the house.
                Damn, sorry he ruined it for you. While I'm usually not an ass, I struggle at times fishing with my son. We argue and I'm too tough on him sometimes. He's 13. In many ways he's a better fisherman than me. In other ways he's still a baby out there. When he's not crushing fish, he bitches and moans about it being such a terrible day. He can do everything better than me, but yet I'm his servant when he gets his line tangled, needs a knot tied, or wants a leech on the hook. Then when a knot fails, he blames me. I sear he's out there to drink my pop and eat my snacks...
                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2815.JPG
Views:	39
Size:	2.59 MB
ID:	1167
                For some reason he didn't complain this day. It started out at 12F and trudged through ice crusted deep snow to trout fish. It warmed up to to 22F and we caught a few, but it was slow. I told him if shut up we'd get donuts after.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Anatomic; 11-18-2020, 03:37 PM.

                Comment


                  #23
                  Speaking of Dads being an ass , mine confided that he used to aim for other parts of me that didn’t catch the football sometimes .

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by Houndog View Post
                    Speaking of Dads being an ass , mine confided that he used to aim for other parts of me that didn’t catch the football sometimes .
                    What! Did he try to hit u in the pussy?!!! C'mon man... MAN THE FUCK UP!.

                    Comment


                    • Anatomic
                      Anatomic commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I hated getting hit in the forearms with the nose of the ball. I didn't learn to catch with my hands until I was practically an adult.

                    #25
                    Back of the head , stomach , anywhere he could .

                    Comment


                      #26
                      walleye fishing , at my son in laws cabin waka lake saskatchewan

                      Comment


                        #27
                        Originally posted by coxsaw View Post
                        waka lake saskatchewan
                        What province are you in Cox?

                        Comment


                          #28
                          Originally posted by Anatomic View Post
                          What province are you in Cox?
                          alberta

                          Comment


                            #29
                            Originally posted by Anatomic View Post

                            Damn, sorry he ruined it for you. While I'm usually not an ass, I struggle at times fishing with my son. We argue and I'm too tough on him sometimes. He's 13. In many ways he's a better fisherman than me. In other ways he's still a baby out there. When he's not crushing fish, he bitches and moans about it being such a terrible day. He can do everything better than me, but yet I'm his servant when he gets his line tangled, needs a knot tied, or wants a leech on the hook. Then when a knot fails, he blames me. I sear he's out there to drink my pop and eat my snacks...
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2815.JPG
Views:	39
Size:	2.59 MB
ID:	1167
                            For some reason he didn't complain this day. It started out at 12F and trudged through ice crusted deep snow to trout fish. It warmed up to to 22F and we caught a few, but it was slow. I told him if shut up we'd get donuts after.
                            Below freezing and wading in water? No way! I don’t even think I’d leave the house let alone fish at that temperature.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X