No announcement yet.

Rather UnPoopypants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is so fucking prog that Poops has an Excel 5 book on the bookshelf to help figure out time signatures.

Comment

Ha! I just picked up boxes of books that people were tossing to make a low budget diffusor behind the kit. There are outdated diet books and tons of other weird shit on thise shelves. I still need more.

Comment

• Skiaz4free
        Skiaz4free commented
        Editing a comment
        Divorce Without Court? Is everything ok with you and Mrs. Pants?

We do pretty good counseling services here, ya know.

Interesting choice of microphone on the hi-hat - or at least, it's not something one sees every day in that application. (I haven't, anyway - but then again, I don't get out much.) Do you like it as an option for hi-hat in general, or are you using here with something specific in mind?
      Last edited by James Walker; 10-15-2020, 07:34 AM.

Comment

I guess the best answer I have is that I hardly use the hat mic. The SM 7 is good because it’s a tight cardioid, but I still get a ton of snare. I’ve tried SM 81, and 441, and I find no real advantage to those. I also really like the 441 on snare top, so that’s where I’ll put that.

Comment

Poopy. The drums on I'll follow you down, are amazing. The sound. The feel. The licks. Your ride hand is like a plow mule digging a trench. Your right foot is sly. You should fall to your knees and thank the gods because your left hand is truly a give from god. Amazing. Had goose bumps.......palpitations...... Tears welled and I had a feeling of euphoria. I think I need a nap to decompress. You should warn people before exposing them to such moving art. Thank you.

Comment

Damn. Thank you, Mojo. I can't lie. There's (i think) only one edit in that performance, which was the last instrument to go down, BUT: I practiced it a hundred times to get it right. I had to isolate transitions and whatnot. Not speeding up at the top of the chorus was hard!

Comment

Working...
            X