Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sad News from JM Smith Custom DrumWorks

Pro Builders Asylum JMSmithCustom's Avatar
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sad News from JM Smith Custom DrumWorks

Hey There GN,

I am writing this official announcement with a heavy heart because I know I am not only letting down a group of great friends but am also disappointing customers and leaving good people in a bind. Please accept my sincerest apologies but due to circumstances beyond my control and a pressing family emergency I will no longer be accepting new customers and am officially announcing our closing of business. Sadly, as I am sure you are aware my mother-in-law is battling cancer and is fading quickly. Her recovery is nowhere near hopeful and that has put a strain on our family as well as the business.

My wife Angelic has been by her side 24/7 for a couple months now, giving care and relieving the burden this terrible disease has overcome us with. I have been left with keeping our family intact and have taken over all the demanding domestic responsibilities that go with caring for three small children alone. I have to bow out as gracefully as possible because I know I can no longer provide the level of care, service, attention, and quality you all so greatly deserve. I apologize for any heartache or inconvenience this may cause but I am afraid I have to pull the plug once and for all. I have begun transitioning out of business and have begun taking all the necessary steps to close shop and reconcile accounts. I tried to hang on as long as possible but this chapter of my life has drawn to an end and I now know I must focus solely on my family. Please accept my apologies guys; I feel absolutely horrible but I have to bow out and take care of my family….I am so sorry.

Please know that this has come after much deliberation and prayer and please rest assured that any open projects that JM Smith Custom DrumWorks is currently working will be completed within a reasonable time frame. In addition, all open accounts (Current Badge Customers) of JMSCD Product ID Solutions (Badges / Graphic Design / Media Production) will remain open. If you have current molds (Not Expired) you will be still be able to renew molds, reorder badges, and continue to reorder as long as your molds have not expired. During this transition all current customers can contact me directly at:

jmscdart@gmail.com

509.845.2076 (PST)

Thank you so much for providing me the opportunity over the last several years to hone my skills, spread my creative wings and have hopefully given back with some pretty neat artwork and functional services. I sincerely appreciate the opportunity to have been part of the GN family as well as the myriad of talented drummers and drum companies I have had the resplendent pleasure of serving. I have sincerely appreciated your friendship along the way… That friendship will never end. Thank you again guys; please pass along my appreciation and gratitude to your better halves (Y’all know who you are); it’s been great! Take care, God Bless and thank you again for a wonderful run!

Warmest Regards,

Josh
    Next to music, beer was best...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,653 Times in 771 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6 Times in 4 Posts
    So sorry to hear this, Josh. Thoughts to your family and many thanks for the fantastic badges and service.

Thanks
    Groans
    Sorry to hear the sad news man. Our prayers are with your family in this dark hour man. If you ever need anything, just give me a call. You have my number.
    Benjy Abbott " Abbott Drum Works "

http://myspace.com/abbottdrumworks

Thanks
    Thanked 2,365 Times in 824 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post
    All the best Josh. You'll be missed.
    L-MAO

Drum Labs Member
    Thanks
    Groans
    My best friend lost his mom to cancer a week and a half ago. I have been helping him through this loss and I can tell you that what you are doing is a wonderful thing for your wife and mother in law. Thank you and know that you have my prayers/thoughts/well wishes (whichever you subscribe to).

Drum Labs Member
    Thanks
    Groans
    So sad to hear. Builders have long needed and inside man to make custom badges and you fill a much needed niche of the DIY builder market. Totally Understandable that family does come first before all else in life. Back a couple of years ago, I was in the exact same situation with cancer touching two of my family members at the same time. Just lost my best friend to cancer back in October 2012. Sending prayers your way. Best of luck and no matter what, just be there for your wife. That's the best thing you can do.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to swhalen For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,379 Times in 718 Posts
    Groans
    Best wishes to you and your family.

Thanks
    Groans
    Don't ever apologize for putting your family first. That is courageous, and it is the right thing to do. I sincerely hope your situation gets better. I'll say a prayer for you and your family. Also, I know I'm not a customer of yours, but thank you for taking the high road, and not just leave your customers hanging. That also takes a lot of courage, and as history shows, that's not always the road chosen.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to shootfirst For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,929 Times in 834 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Sorry to hear! Good fortune to you & your family.

Pro Builders Asylum daVilleDrumworks.com's Avatar
    Thanks
    Groans
    I've been in the same circumstances as my Dad took 2 years to slowly go down and pass away. Do what ya gotta do Josh, the best to you and your family.
    Build it and they will drum!
    www.facebook.com/DaVilleDrumworks

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast