PDA

View Full Version : WIP comments Lunar Percussion

lunarsnare
07-17-2007, 05:14 PM
Hi there,

If anybody has questions or comments....just shoot.:)

shane
08-13-2007, 06:42 PM
Well I guess I will be the first one to ask how the progress is coming? Very curioius to see some more work.

lunarsnare
08-14-2007, 12:50 AM
Actually, I should have written a comment to my self earlier in the game.
Been holding out against hope whilst becoming increasingly bummed out.

Here is the update:
The finish made it on a plane end of last week and I am waiting for word from the shipping broker regarding customs.
This has been going on since months and was not a last minute purchase for the drum build off…..I need it for work.
The company that I buy the finish from had to send somebody to a class to learn to fill out the paperwork that is required for Germany.
Now it’s in the hands of customs, who are checking the paperwork and most likely have a few more hoops for me to jump through.:rolleyes:

Capacitor for my sanding machine.
2 friends of mine and I shopped for it here all over Germany and eventually found a company that claimed to have it.
They sent it late to the wrong address and when it came it was the wrong capacitor…..no kidding….. It was 730/ 150 instead of 600/125.
When I called and asked WHY they said that they did not have the correct ones and just sent this one instead :confused:
You don’t want to know the rest of that dialogue.…….nuv said about it.;)
I ended up getting the right one from the States, FedEx and my machine runs great again…….since the beginning of last week.
At least something and I can keep building now.

It just wasn’t meant to be and I am over it ….such is life.
I should have posted earlier and perhaps bowed out gracefully, but as I said I was holding on, making phone calls bitching, pushing and hoping.

The drums in this contest are kick ass and I’ll look forward to casting my vote which will not be easy…..wow mega cool stuff.:D
Heart and Soul everywhere.
I wish everybody the best of luck.

When the dust and excitement of the contest has settled, I am thinking of still continuing my built WIP here, maybe on another board here …just for fun.
Look for “ the drum that wasn’t meant to be” or “better late then nether” LOL
Again thanks for asking,

Aloha.

Houndog
08-14-2007, 04:16 PM
Damn ,I was so hoping you would make the top 5..:mad:
I was really interested in how Sooy and the others would report on it's sound. Your work is some of my favorite. Someday I hope to play one.
Have you ever contacted any magazines for a review?

lunarsnare
08-14-2007, 05:48 PM
Thanks, it was a bit of a bummer for me too…..but maybe there’ll be another time….such is life.
The German “Drums & Percussion” magazine approached me at the Frankfurt Show and asked to get a couple of drums by the end of this months to do an evaluation for an article this year…..that’ll be fun.