PDA

View Full Version : WIP Comments: Xeri

Xeri
07-17-2007, 11:35 AM
Here is the thread for and comments on/about my WIP. Sorry I don't have a lot of equipment and you might see the occasional clear tote in the back ground pictures ... yup ... those are my supply cabinets!

double stroke roller
07-24-2007, 07:20 PM
Nice job on the guitar! I can't wait to see how your drum turns out:cool:

stellardrum
07-24-2007, 08:13 PM
Nice job on the guitar! I can't wait to see how your drum turns out:cool:

dito on that....it does look great, and I'll bet your drum turns out just as nice!

latindrum
07-29-2007, 09:29 AM
Dude, I'm liking this!!! I love graphics. This is going to be a really cool drum!!!

munich
07-29-2007, 10:23 AM
I wasn't "getting it" until today.
It's looking great!

Rat A'tat
07-29-2007, 10:39 AM
very nice. I've been working with vinyl transfer for about 8 years now. I love what one can do with it.
nice color combination.

blsandell
07-29-2007, 11:38 AM
Very very nice work! The colors and theme would make a great kit.

Boss_Bones
07-29-2007, 03:42 PM
Looking good. What would be really slick, is if you made a kit to match, but in slightly different colors so as to form a contrast, while still keeping the graphic design as a consistent design element.

latindrum
07-30-2007, 09:49 AM
Too bad about the bubbles. I hate it when stuff like that happens. If you can, post some pics of the problem so that others can know what to look for and how to fix/avoid it in the future.

Xeri
07-30-2007, 10:54 AM
Good idea ... I'll start taking pictures tonight. I'm just hoping that I can get zoomed in enough to show the bubbles. Just need to slow down a bit on the second time around. :D

Xeri
08-05-2007, 08:22 AM
I haven't had time to download pictures yet (It's been hell week at work), but I have been working to fix the drum. I sanded back down to the primer, re-primed the drum, and on Saturday I re-painted. I also decided to show all of you one method of applying two colors of vinyl, such as I am doing. It takes some time and a lot of patience, but worth it in the end and will save you money at the sign shop. Someone taught me, now it's time to pass along the information so other builders can use this method themselves. It's an old method and not new, but it's still going to be free knoledge for all of you.

Stay tuned for the pictures ... hopefully later today (Sunday) I can post the pictures.

jgkooser
08-14-2007, 09:25 PM
Great build, really glad you could finish! I love the color and graphics.

Mike
08-15-2007, 04:49 PM
it looks like your snare strap isnt going through the guide on the throw. you may wanna check up on that. nice drum. good luck.